  • Subject: RE: QMQRY editing question
  • From: Buck Calabro <mcalabro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 17:23:12 -0400

You are right - QMQRY will not let you use a "date" edit code with a
"numeric" column.  There is an alternative: retrieve the DDS source for the
file, modify it to put EDTWRD('    /  /  ') and use CHGPF to re-create it.
You won't get a level check, and your queries (QMQRY and QRY/400) will show
the proper formatting without any intervention.

Buck Calabro
Billing Concepts Albany, NY