  • Subject: RE: Using PERL On The HTTP Web Server
  • From: "Stone, Brad V (TC)" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 16:53:20 -0500

Well, the first thing is that CGi programs can only be run in the QSYS.LIB
file system, so you may try moving them there and then having an exec
directive like

Exec /cgi-bin/* /QSYS.LIB/PERL.LIB/*

Second, move your HTML stuff out of the /QIBM/.../... structure.  I know it
says to put in there in the Quick Start guide, but it's not necessary and
makes it very difficult to follow.  It's only there for the sample page and
so you don't have to change the default config file to view it.  Once you've
seen the sample home page (impressive, right...) remove that Pass directive
and start using your own.

Make your own directory like /html and then use subdirectories from there to
store images, etc.  (not cgi, though).  /html/images, /html/stylesheets,
etc...

Then, your pass directive would be

Pass /* /html/*

Much simpler and just as secure.

Bradley V. Stone
Taylor Corporation - OASIS Programmer/Analyst
bvstone@taylorcorp.com