  • Subject: Re: Question on migrating migrating user profiles
  • From: John Earl <johnearl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 10:57:05 -0700

Are you moving the application from the small V3R2M0 box to the V4R3M0 box as
well?
If you are, then you're about to do a CISC to RISC migration.   Get a hold of
the
CISCI to RISC migration roadmap (a manual) and follow it carefully.

If you're going to keep the old box around and you just want to duplicate all
of the
profiles to the new box, then issue a SAVSECDTA command on the old box and a
RSTUSRPRF command on the new box.

Usually after a RSTUSRPRF command you also want to issue the RSTAUT command,
but if
you're not migrating other objects then one could argue that the RASTAUT
command was
unnecessary.   I think I would do it anyway just to clean up any authority
references left in the profile.

hth,

jte

--