  • Subject: Re: Internet access from AS/400 through MS proxy (IIS)?
  • From: "Carl Galgano" <cgalgano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 12:53:34 -0400

Specifically what TCP/IP services are you looking to use from the AS400 to
the Internet.  Each proxy server is different however usually if you wish to
FTP from the AS400 via a proxy server your start the FTP session to the
proxy and then when you are asked for a user id you enter in in the form
USERNAME@FTPSERVER.COM and then when asked for the password, you enter the
password for the FTP server.  Basically TELNET works the same way.  We are
using both using WinProxy and also are forwarding our SMTP mail to the
Internet via our Proxy server.  If you can provide more detailed info,
perhaps I could be of more help.
CJG
Carl Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
540 Powder Springs Street
Suite C19
Marietta, GA  30064
770-422-2995
mailto: cgalgano@ediconsulting.com
http://www.ediconsulting.com
EDI, Communications and AS400 Technical Consulting