  • Subject: Re: Backup Info needed
  • From: pytel@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:09:49 -0500

For 6150 cartridge it takes approx 40 minutes to read/write it from
beginning to end. It simply cannot work faster.
So this will give you estimate of time needed.
DSPTAP command will give you a listing of tape contents.
The simplest way to do a complete backup is menu SAVE, option 21.
The corresponding restore scenario is slightly more complicated. The
process is described in much detail in Backup and Recovery Guide.
SAVSTG is also possible, but it will not be faster and you will loose
granularity, provided by other ways of saving data. (It is good when you
need to do a complete restore of everything on system to exactly the same
state - and this is rarely needed.)
There is no support to restore in a test mode.

In any case, consult Backup and Recovery Guide.

Best regards
    Alexey Pytel

Stephanie Coulshaw <scoulshaw@aimtronics.com> on 04/12/99 03:06:48 PM

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com