  • Subject: RPG Residency in Rochester
  • From: Jon.Paris@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 23:00:00 -0400

The extract below relates to an upcoming Rochester residency on RPG IV App
development.  It runs for 6 weeks.  If this interests you, e-mail me direct (I
will _not_ respond to requests on the list - I don't have time to read
everything!).

In this residency you will have a chance to examine these hot new features
and take a closer look at what's new and cool with ILE RPG, how and why you
should convert to it. We will cover topics for RPG IV from release V3R6
(and V3R2, which is an equivalent to V3R6 for RPG) and forward through
V4R4. Particular focus will be put on:

1. Subprocedures and prototypes - how to use them in your RPG programs.
2. Tips for new programming styles.
3. CODE/400 hints and tips - the fastest way to develop RPG code.
4. Integrating RPG and Java, including utilizing the thread safe
environment in V4R4.