This seems to be the whole guts, right there.  In the end, we need to be doing
OO stuff.

OO is mentioned through the months, and every cycle of discussions adds to my
decidedly low level of OO comprehension.

Hopefully this cycle will add, too.  To help me understand the idea of OO:
Lets talk about a particular data object, the "name and address" object.

Questions that come to mind include:

Would there be such a thing in OO architecture and design as a "name and
address" object?  Presuming such a thing makes sense and is possible, would the
object's description, definition, and capabilites include all of the programs
needed to maintain the names and addresses in the object?

Would it include the listings, the sorts, the utilities like mailing labels,
e-mail addressing, phone and fax numbers, postal codes, and the display and
inquiry screens that other programs could use as their needs may occur?

What about validation modules?  Would the "name and address" object include the
ability to validate fields for accuracy, like the state, province, country, or
postal code?

Would the object contain data, or would it be empty, but capable of containing
data as the user desires?

For example, lets say I was writing an Accounts payable application.  Would I
be able to just incorporate a "names and address" object and have the entire
names and addresses part of the project filled in and complete in 5 minutes or
less?