  • Subject: Re: Weirdo Twinax Address Problem
  • From: "Joe Frank" <jfrank@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:21:52 -0600

Jeff,

Four posibilities, in the order of liklihood:

1. The new printer is terminating the cable
causing the twinax to be doubly terminated.
Look for a terminating switch or check the
documentation regarding termination.

2. The cable you used to attach the new printer
is defective.  Check it out with a tester and
carefully examine the pins for looseness.

3. The twinax controller in the AS/400 has a
defective port.

Hope this helps.

Joe Frank
Synapse Communications, Inc.