boothm@ibm.net wrote:

> The client changed out his old PC with a dot matrix printer for a new PC with
>an HP 1100 laser printer.  Their setup is to have the PC and printer on one
>desk, and the 3477 terminal on the desk behind them.  Both the PC and the 3477
>have their printer cables attached to an electronic A/B switch.  The PC prints
>just fine but the 3477 doesn't.
>
> This isn't what I do, but they have no one to turn to since their main person
>left a year ago for another job, so they've asked me.

The 3477 doesn't have "great" emulation,sooooo... I would use HPT or
Host Print Transform which will allow you to use almost any sort of
printer... What you will have to play with is the emulation layer on
the 3477...

1. Create a devd for the printer using HPT as the option.(Look at the
options)
2. Setup the 3477 to use 5219 emulation (terminal setup...OFFLINE)
3. Setup printer using 3812-SCS as the type of printer..(printer setup)

I know, I know.. that sounds confusing and it IS.. but try that way
first...

Remember... you are using 3 layers of emulation here sooo you will have
to horse around with the details....

HPT is a bit of a pain since the results(fonts, etc) are not what you
want sometimes, so you will have learn about WSC which allows you to
change the results of the print... get the printer working first and
then
try to change results....(do this one step at a time)... send a message
once you get it to print, then we can help with WSC...