  • Subject: Re: AS/400 as an http client
  • From: rgh@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:11:09 -0600

You could have a small socket program on your NT machine that submits the
CGI request to the HTTP server port, usually 80, unless you changed it.
You can talk to the HTTP server using a telnet client on the PC.

telnet <AS/400 host name> 80
<HTTP method> /somecgirequest HTTP/1.0 <enter>
<enter>

telnet myas400 80
GET /cgirequest HTTP/1.0 <enter>
<enter>

If your CGI runs using method POST, you will need to pass the input data
following the 2nd enter.

  Richard G. Hartmann       IBM AS/400 TCP/IP & Server Development
  Internet e-mail: rgh@us.ibm.com