  • Subject: Re: FW: SCAM
  • From: Chuck Lewis <CLEWIS@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:58:56 -0400

Funny you should mention this...

Our controller got a call last week from someone claiming that Ameritech had
outsourced billing to a 3rd party and that they were this 3rd party. She said
that they needed his OK to do a bunch of stuff and authorize this, etc. He was
suspicious and said he would need to see something in writing. This person was
VERY pushy and rude and she said "FINE, this call will be forwarded to the FCC
as
an uncooperative customer..." Oooooooooooo, we're scared... He hung up on her...

Ameritech MAY well be doing this, but I can't IMAGINE they would not do a mass
mailing to let folks know...

He was getting in touch with Ameritech...

Chuck