  • Subject: Re: FTP server authority issue
  • From: Patrick Townsend <townsend@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 19:22:18 -0700

Tim,

We agree on so much! I suppose we'll have to disagree on this one. I
think that FTP should not even use the CRTPF command in QSYS for its
file services. To me the fact that FTP uses CRTPF represents a potential
security hole in FTP and I wouldn't be surprised to see IBM address this
in the future. And as you've already discovered it is dangerous to
assume that the underlying file interface for FTP will be the same from
one release of OS/400 to another....

Good luck!
Patrick