  • Subject: Re: Your opinions about MIMIX
  • From: "Larry D. Bolhuis" <lbolhui@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 09:21:40 -0400

Chris:

 Disclaimer: We represent DataMirror Corp in Western Michigan.

 Both MIMIX and the other primary competitive product VISION are good
packages, However, DataMirror's packages are definately aheard of the
pack.

 Primary benefits of DataMirror's Transformation Server:
  Ability to not only mirror the data (Real time or periodic refresh)
but also transform it on the way (eg switch dates to 4 digit year,
change single byte codes to text, do math, and much more).
  Replicates data both ways (even the same file can be replicated both
ways)
  Has row and column selection.
  Can Replicate to multiple target machines. (One to Many)
  Can Replicate multiple systems to one terget. (Many to One)
  Ability to go to/from AS/400<->Oracle<->SQL Server and others.
  Runs on SNA and TCP/IP.
  Can replicate on the same machine. (Good for testing or building a
datamart)

 DataMirror also has an object mirror package that will handle objects
besides databases, and a Switch-over-System module that combined with
some hardware will switch your users from a failed primary machine to
the operational backup machine automatically.

 A total DataMirror Solution is typically cheaper than the competitive
solutions.

 DataMirror is very strong Financially and is a publically traded
company (TSE:DMC) and is an IBM Business partner.

 For more information, feel free to contact me or see
HTTP://WWW.DATAMIRROR.COM

 Larry Bolhuis
 Arbor Solutions, Inc.
 Grand Rapids, MI