  • Subject: Re: Data Queue's
  • From: "Kathleen Kostuck" <kkostuck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 14:44:47 -0500

RD,

It sounds to me as though the home-grown utility isn't in a constant wait
state on the data queue, but is firing up and doing one QRCVDTAQ, either
finding an entry or not, then ending?

If this is the case, you can change your WAIT parameter to a negative
value, and start the program in a subsystem where it won't get in the way.
The job will sit in a wait state until a data queue entry is received, then
continue to the next line of code. This is a much more efficient way of
doing it, and if you are still missing an occasional entry, then you need
to look at your utility code to see why.

HTH,

Kathleen Kostuck
pager (414) 402-0820       fax (414) 495-4986
kkostuck@execpc.com
AS400 Solutions
Secretary - Wisconsin Midrange Computer Professionals Association

MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
david@midrange.com