  • Subject: Record level PC access to AS400/DB2 - (AS/400 SDK FOR ACTIVEX AND OLE DB)
  • From: "Shraga at NellJoy" <shraga@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 23:12:34 -0400

In IBM's web page, i found the following in regard to V4R3:

"IBM AS/400 SDK FOR ACTIVEX AND OLE DB.
Visual Basic Wizards allow programmers to easily build applications to
access AS/400 resources via record-level access, structured query language
(SQL), stored procedures, data queues, programs, and CL commands."

I wonder what "record-level access" means here.  Are we going to get a
straight forward quick access to AS400/DB2 records? (quicker then ODBC).

Another question: Does anybody knows what happened to IBM's "Lightning"
project? / or what's the fastest way now to access AS/400 record level data?

Shraga