                From:   Gary Feinstein [mailto:gfeinste@planethollywood.com]
                Sent:   Wednesday, July 29, 1998 9:11 PM
                To:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
                Subject:        Re: Backing up and not taking TCP/IP down

                Gary,
                        I never take down TCP/IP during my nightly saves and
have no problems
                whatsoever.  I do have to do a save while active *LIB for
QUSRSYS
                though.
                HTH,
                Gary Feinstein
                AS/400 System Administrator
                Planet Hollywood International Inc.

                > At 16:06 07/28/98 -0500, Gary Lehman wrote:
                > >Got a question for the system/TCP/IP gurus.  Is there a
way to keep TCP/IP
                > >up and running when backing up an AS/400?  When we backup
our AS/400 the
                > >subsystem that has TCP/IP running on it is taken down.
How do we get around

MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com.
MIDRANGE-L-SUB@midrange.com.
MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.