  • Subject: Re: Multiple 400's - 1 console
  • From: Chuck Lewis <CLEWIS@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 23:15:25 -0400

I agree...   The company I just left had 2 AS/400's and I was running Client
Access on my PC in my offiice. Even with changing screen colors or something,
once you get past a custom signon screen or something, it is next to impossible
to keep track of which system you are on. I would find myself looking for a file
or something, getting the "doesn't exist" message, subsecond sinking feeling
(file deleted ?? !!) and then DUH, on the wrong system. Even in the computer
room
where we have the TWO system consoles, keying in PWRDWNSYS on the development
box
in the middle of the day STILL made me look twice to assure I wasn't on the
production <BG>...

Chuck