  • Subject: Invitation to join IGNITe/400
  • From: "Bleddyn Williams" <bleddyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 15:58:32 +0100

This is an invite to join (for free) IGNITe/400(sm) at
http://www.ignite400.org which is now officially open.

You may wonder what IGNITe stands for well it International Group for
Networking, Internet Technologies, and e-business on the AS/400. It is
dedicated to the world wide implementation of e-Business and e-Commerce
applications via IBM's AS/400.  IGNITe/400(sm) is an UNBIASED association of
users, developers, and re-sellers of IBM AS/400's and related products that
may be used to conduct business via the Internet, intranets, and extranets.

IGNITe/400(sm) will strive to keep its membership informed of the latest
e-Business resources.  It will also serve as a hub for communications
between members and the free exchange of ideas, problem resolution, and
members helping each other. IGNITe/400(sm) shall be a resource dedicated to
the intercourse and exchange of ideas open to all.   It shall provide help
for the first timer as well as the experienced veteran. It shall be a
resource dedicated to the fundamental law of the Internet: "Take as much as
you want as long as  you put something back."

We ask that you join IGNITe/400(sm) and become an active "member". There is
no charge for membership. Members will help set the direction of
IGNITe/400(sm).  There will be no anonymous members of IGNITe/400(sm). You
may hide the personal information that we ask for on the registration form
or you may make it available to the world.  That choice is yours.  You must
register with your own name and valid e-mail address.  We will verify the
e-mail address.  We will not sell or give our membership list to anyone for
any reason. We have only one rule that we will strictly enforce:  There
shall be no articles or communications of any sort posted that represent a
direct attack or can be construed as derogatory remarks directed towards a
vendor or  member.

You will see advertising on the web site. This is how we will pay the bills
and keep it going.  The site is funded by advertising and donations. The
founders and several vendors have contributed money and products to this
organisation, but they in know way will influence the IGNITe/400(sm)
direction.  We will publish our hit rates and member counts (never our
lists).  We urge all vendors to buy ads or make a contribution to
IGNITe/400(sm).  We will also have a classified ad section. Contractors and
consultants may wish to take out an ad in our classifieds. Classified ads
are sold by space and time.  Please see the members section for details.

Thanks

Bleddyn Williams