  • Subject: Re: Hex Key in PC5250 CAw95
  • From: "Guillermo Andrades" <Gab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 11:43:59 +0200

Vernon,
in an simple view, VB Scripts ate supported into macros. into the help
text for macros are a link to http://www.microsoft.com/vbscript for
understanding vbscript.

in fact this works:
Dim HexCode
HexCode = InputBox("Hex Code:")

but i don't have the time for testing it and the other 1537 items i'm
interested in... at least only for be able to key in hex codes. <g>

Regards,
-------------
Guillermo Andrades. CPI, Madrid.

----------
> From: Vernon Hamberg <hambergv@goldengate.net>
> To: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
> Cc: Gab@CPIsoftware.com
> Subject: Re: Hex Key in PC5250 CAw95
> Date: 29 de junio de 1998 20:32
>
> Guillermo
>
> At 11:02 AM 6/29/1998 +0200, you wrote:
> >Vernon,
> >i wonder if any knows the vbScripts for develop this function as:
> >
> >Dim HexCode
> >HexCode = InputBox("Hex Code:")
> >APL HexCode  <-- doesn't work
> >
> >i can ask the code, but how this code is put in the screen at cursor?
>
> As far as I know, PC5250 in CA95NT has no connection with VB scripts. To
> make PC5250 macros, you must take the 'Assist' menu option, then
> 'Macro/Script Setup'. From the window that appears, click on the
> 'Customize' button. Now you have a window where you enter the 'APL 50'
or
> whatever code. In case you opened another macro, you should have done a
> 'File->Save As' first.
>
> You could also take the 'Assist->Start Recording Macro...' option. After
> you enter a name for the macro, just type 'APL 50' (no apostrophes).
Then

MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
david@midrange.com