I have been following this thread with interest.  I would like to keep
my skills up to date (who wouldn't?) and was wondering what language
would be best combined with my RPG and little bit of COBOL knowledge.

I admit my ignorance....is Java the same whether it is on a PC or on the
AS/400?

Donna Zukowski
Year 2000 Project Manager
BIC Corporation