  • Subject: Re: ROBOT Save w/ other 3rd party paging software
  • From: "Kathleen Kostuck" <kkostuck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 14:35:46 -0500

Laura,

Thanks for the info about MBA. I will definitely keep them in mind the next
time someone asks me about job schedulers.

Just wondering, are you the same Laura Ausel who was so much help to me
when I was setting up communications to use the Netview FTP product late
last year?  This was through IBM support, I think she was in Atlanta.

Kathleen Kostuck

----------
> From: Laura Ausel <v2keaa42@us.ibm.com>
> To: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
> Subject: Re: ROBOT Save w/ other 3rd party paging software
> Date: Wednesday, May 20, 1998 3:48 PM
>
> Kathy -
> This strikes me a typical Help/Systems tactics.  I had a VERY bad
experience
> when evaluating their Alert product a few years back, and consequently
decided
> not to recommend or patronize them.  They were significantly uphelpful
and when
> I questioned their methods and security (and lack of apparent concern for
mine)
> I was told they didn't need my business.  Obviously they didn't get it.
>
> I went to a company called MBA for my paging needs.  They have excellent
> customer support and are receptive to customer concerns and suggestions.
> Incidentally, they write IBM's fully blown job scheduler as well as BRMS.
 I've
> looked at it (the job scheduler), and it's very robust and flexible.
>
> My suggestion would be to dump Robot if at all possible.  They're
overpriced,
> and under programmed and supported (in my book).  While you may pay a bit
for
> IBM's job scheduler (the fully blown one, not the free part that comes
with
> OS/400), you have IBM's support to back it up as well as a GREAT team at
MBA.
> You can find them at www.mbainc.com
>
> Hope this helps...
>

> Laura Ausel  -  Keane, Inc., Service Partner
> "Do something.  Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
>

> owner-midrange-l@midrange.com on 05-20-98 01:10:32 PM
> Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
> To: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
> cc:
> Subject: ROBOT Save w/ other 3rd party paging software
>

> Hello All,
>
> I have a client who uses Robot Save in conjunction with the Robot job
> scheduler.  However, her paging software is from another vendor,
Byteware.

david@midrange.com

MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
david@midrange.com