  • Subject: Re: General AS/400 Question
  • From: Marcel Sjardin <M.Sjardin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 18:08:21 +0200

Michael Dorr wrote:

>   Is there a generally accepted standard set of system tools that most
> companies use on their machines.

Most tools we use are either part of OS/400 or sold as LPO (Licensed
Program Offering). Look at the handook (found on the Softcopy Library CD
that came with your system) what LPO's are available. Performance tools
is an example of a useful LPO.

>   I am assuming that there are plenty of third party software houses
> that provide powerful/useful tools for the AS/400.  Then again, maybe
> the AS/400 does not need the type of products I asking about.  I just
> don't know.

Look at any News/400 issue (the most important AS/400 magazine) or their
site (http://www.news400.com) to find out what third party tools are
available.

If you can't find what you're looking for, you may have to do some
programming yourself... Or consider another strategy. After all, the
AS/400 is not a mainframe. Don't treat it like one.
--
Groetjes,
Marcel Sjardin

http://www.inter.nl.net/users/M.Sjardin
begin:          vcard
fn:             Marcel Sjardin
n:              Sjardin;Marcel
adr:            Vlietlaan 4 D;;;Bussum;;1404 CA;Netherlands
email;internet: M.Sjardin@inter.nl.net
tel;home:       -31 35 6980930
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE