  • Subject: RE: ILE source debugger problem @ V3R7
  • From: Wiesmayr Rudolf <Rudolf.Wiesmayr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 12:37:05 +0200

Hi!

I have experienced a very similar problem under V3R6 and ILE C,
but in the same job (StrDbg ... before starting, no StrSrvJob).
I could not reproduce the problem, so there was no chance for
an AnzPrb.

Looks like a intermitting problem in the debugger which is lurking around
a long time already. If you CAN reproduce the problem consistenly
you should do an AnzPrb and describe it. Maybe you are the first
in the world who can trap the bug. That's the point.
Killing it is then up to the guys in Rochester or Toronto...
If its intermittent at your site you can only try to get
the latest PTF level for the debugger and hope...

It is unbelievable to me that you do not have an IBMer at hand
who is able to handle a reproducible problem. Or is the support
here in GoodOldEurope better than in the US?

Regards,
Dipl.-Ing. Rudolf Wiesmayr   Tel:     +43 - 0732 / 7070 - 1720
Magistrat Linz, ADV/AE       Fax:     +43 - 0732 / 7070 - 1555
Gruberstrasse 40-42          mailto://Rudolf.Wiesmayr@mag.linz.at
A-4041 Linz                  IBMMAIL: at3vs7vs@ibmmail.com
------ http://www.linz.at <<<--- Digital City Linz, Austria -----