  • Subject: Re: AS/400 E-mail
  • From: David Morris <dmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 17:58:04 -0700

Patrick,

The APIs turned out to be fairly strait forward.  The thing that is missing is
description of the type codes and translation character sets.  We do not have
the manuals that contain that info so I had to use the AnyMail Redbook
example.  If anyone has a complete list of the mail configuration codes or any
information about attachment types we would appreciate it.  It turned out that
translation is not a problem if you know the CCSID's.  I haven't lost a message
today so it is likely changes we were making to the configuration files and
system directory caused those earlier problems.

Thanks for your input,

David Morris

>>> Patrick Townsend <townsend@patownsend.com> 03/11 1:49 PM >>>
The AnyMail APIs can be daunting. Have you considered a third party
product? You might look at Net400's product. It has APIs, spool file
distribution, and lots of other stuff.

   http://www.net400.com

Patrick