  • Subject: Re: TCP/IP Printing to an IP address and Port
  • From: "Matthias Oertli" <oertlim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 98 20:28:35

I use the NetPort Express Pro with the 400 extensively and for me it's set and
forget... I can recommend them to anyone.
It can be set up via telnet or even with the web browser!

Rather than specify the portnumber you can specify a queue name:
LPT1_PASSTHRU
LPT1_PASSTHRU
COM1_PASSTHRU

Prompt CRTOUTQ, specify your NetPort's internet address like this:
RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) INTNETADR(999.999.999.999),
then specify the remote queue to use: RMTPRTQ('COM1_PASSTHRU')
That's it.

If you want the NetPort to do text conversion append text instead of
_PASSTHRU to the name of the port, in my case though _TEXT didn't work
right.

I got all this from the Unix manual, in fact in that manual I can't find the
port
numbers you mentioned :-)
Maybe I got a different version of the unix manual...
HTH,
Matthias

"MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com".
MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.