  • Subject: RE: CPF2526 - Job message queue for "Job #"/"User"/"Job Name" can not be extended. Job ended.
  • From: Neil Palmer <npalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 14:40:43 -0600

Hold on there.  I disagree with the statement "Definitely change
QJOBMSGQFL to *WRAP or *PRTWRAP" without first investigating to see just
what is filling up a 5000+ page joblog in the first place.
Take a look, you may find a series of error messages start around page 2
and keep repeating to the end of the joblog.

A common cause that I have seen is a case where for some reason or other
the system loses contact with the device (could be a PC, could be a dumb
terminal) and starts looping and repeatedly logging the following
messages (or similar) to the joblog:

RPG1211, RPG9001, CPF4128, CPF9999

When this error occurs, the interactive job is usually eating up all
available CPU cycles (WRKACTJOB often shows 90%+ CPU usage).  At least
with QJOBMSGQFL set to *NOWRAP a runaway job like this will eventually
end (when it fills the job message queue).  If you let it wrap it could
just keep looping forever if no one notices it and kills it.

(Of course, you could probably avoid this looping on a device error if
you do not set sysval QDEVRCYACN to *MSG or *DSCMSG).

... Neil Palmer                                     AS/400~~~~~
... NxTrend Technology - Canada     ____________          ___  ~
... Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada     |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
... Cell.: (416) 565-1682  x238      oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
... mailto:NPalmer@NxTrend.com          http://www.NxTrend.com