From: mcsnet!midrange.com!midrange-l-owner@Mcs.Net [mailto:mcsnet!midrange.com!midrange-l-owner@Mcs.Net]On Behalf Of Curtis Strouse
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 1998 10:44 AM
To: Midrange Computer
Subject: Remote connection to the AS/400

We are currently using a Perle 3i (connects via twinax) to connect remotely to our AS/400 using Perle Talk for DOS Client.  Due to some problems with the DOS Client and Windows 95 we looked into the price for the Perle Windows Client.  Due to the expense of the software per license I thought that I would see if anyone would be willing to share their alternative methods of remote connection.  The connection is mainly used by our outside sales people to run and print their sales reports etc. so it has to to somewhat user friendly.

Any ideas are welcome.

Curtis Strouse
North American Stainless