  • Subject: Re: ILE Debug-bug-er?
  • From: Dave Mahadevan <mahadevan@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 16:54:45 -0500

Tim:

Ile Debug is slightly different from STRISDB (for OPM).  What you are doing is
correct.  Set the break point then exit as you did.  THEN CALL THE PROGRAM!
When
the break point is hit, debug will stop and show the break point.  Then you can
step F10 , sho variable F11 or EVAL or whatever.

Some useful commands are EVAL, FIND.  If you have an array called ARY you can
use
EVAL ARY to show the entire array.  But if it is too large, and you only want to
see say element 10 thru 15 then you would do EVAL ARY(10..15)  Also, you can
display a data structure as a string (or a variable) using :c like EVAL DATST:c
for character or EVAL DATAST:x for hex.  You can display the indicators by EV
*IN
or EV *IN56 for specific indicators.  HTH

Tim Truax wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am starting to write ILE..ergo I have a perplexing situation dealing
> with the ILE Debugger.
> 1) Have a very simple ILE program that I know works.
> 2) STRDBG (TIMLIB/ILE006) UPPROD(*YES)
> 3) Source is displayed beautifully, and I add my breakpoints.
> 4) Next I press F12-Resume and immediately I am back at the Menu.
> 5) Or.. I press F10-Step and immediately I am back at the Menu.
> This is frustrating me... When I run this little program (ILE006) It
> updates the little file I created.  But when I go through STRDBG and I
> get unceremoniusly slammed back on the Menu no update has occurred.
> I am definitely saying *yes to UPdate PRODuction Data.
> Also.. my little file resides in a PROD type library.
> --
> : Tim & Dana Truax :

What happened to the 2.5 yr old Caleb?

--