• Subject: Re: source file download via CA/400
  • From: Richard Baird <rbbaird@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 10:30:54 -0500

> The problem lies in the fixed record length nature of source files.  All
> the records have padded spaces at the end, making it more difficult to
> edit using pc based editors.   It's not a big deal, just an annoyance.
>
> My question is this, does anyone have a decent way of downloading fixed
> length records, but only transfering the non-blank portions of the
> records, I assume by somehow appending a carriage return to the end of
> each record?

Thanks to all who replied.

Ftp looks like the work-around for now, eventually, we'll want to store
the files on the 400 as ascii in the IFS, since as far as the pc guys
can tell, they can save it just like any other file on a server :)

Now, If I can just get them to learn RPG....

seasons greetings, all

rick
+---