• Subject: source file download via CA/400
  • From: Richard Baird <rbbaird@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 10:02:39 -0500

Seasons greetings!!!

I was wondering if someone could help me with a minor problem.

We're doing a lot of cgi programming for web pages using rpg.  We store
the html in source file members on the as400.

Typically, our html developers design the pages on PCs, and I transfer
them to the 400 via client access.  The problem is that, sometimes, I
need to do the reverse - download the files to a pc, so that the web
developers can make changes.

The problem lies in the fixed record length nature of source files.  All
the records have padded spaces at the end, making it more difficult to
edit using pc based editors.   It's not a big deal, just an annoyance.

My question is this, does anyone have a decent way of downloading fixed
length records, but only transfering the non-blank portions of the
records, I assume by somehow appending a carriage return to the end of
each record?

Thanks in advance,

rick
+---