We recently upgraded our machine to a RISC 510.  Previous to the upgrade
we were on V3R2 and ODBC worked like a charm.  Since going to the new
AS400 with V3R7 we have been experiencing problems with ODBC.  Both
Windows 3.1 and Windows95 have the same problem in that we get the error
message SQL0104 "Token * was not valid. Valid tokens: ( <IDENTIFIER>"
when we try and run our application.  The application I am running is
Microsoft Query.  While trouble shooting I came across the suggestion
that we add our system  name to the remote database directory:
ADDRDBDIRE RDB(our system name) RMTLOCNAME(*LOCAL).  I did this but we
still are getting the same error.  The Microsoft ODBC Driver Manager on
the PC is at version 2.10.2401.  Has anyone come across this strange
phenomenon?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  THANK YOU


Scott Monnig

+---
| This is the Midrange System Mailing List!
| To submit a new message, send your mail to "MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com".
| To unsubscribe from this list send email to MAJORDOMO@midrange.com
|    and specify 'unsubscribe MIDRANGE-L' in the body of your message.
| Questions should be directed to the list owner/operator: david@midrange.com
+---


As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...

Follow-Ups:
Replies:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.