  • Subject: Re: JetDirect EX Plus3
  • From: Danny McQuestion <dcmcques@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 16:55:52 -0500

Can't be done with the AS/400.  If found this out from first hand
experience at our Canadian office last month!  You have to use seperate
JetDirect cards for the AS/400 to communicate to the printer.  The
JetDirect EX Plus3 only uses one IP address.  Since it uses only one IP
address, the AS/400 sends everything to that address.  There is no way
to differenciate <sp> between all three parallel ports.

I know....  I was very disappointed as well!!!!  We really needed to
hook up two printers but thought that we were going to be able to hook
up the color DeskJet as well.  Ended up hooking both Epson LQ-2550's to
individual HP JetDirect EX's instead.  Works great.

Danny Mc?

--

---
Danny Mc?