  • Subject: Re: JetDirect EX Plus3
  • From: Paul Tykodi <pault@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 15:00:37 -0400

Gary Feinstein wrote:

Frank,
        We tried doing this however, I don't think its possible.  We used the
same JetDirect card and finally just put the printers on separate cards.
HTH,
Gary

fcubbage@juno.com wrote:

> I know we spoke about external Print Servers in the past, but does
> anyone know how to set up a Queue to use the second and third
> port?  Or maybe the question is how do you distinguish between ports?
> As far as I can tell the device only has one IP address.
> Thank you,
* Frank

Dear Gary and Frank,

We resell print servers with the same capabilities as the HP JetDirect card
mentioned in this post. The ability to control multiple print server ports is a
very important sales criteria for print server manufacturers so I thought I
would ask IBM how this was supported on the AS/400. The answer I received from
them is appended below:

IBM Answer Begins here:

RESPONSE:
When you create a remote outq to direct spool files to the print server,
whether using SNA or TCP/IP, the crtoutq command has a parameter RMTPRTQ.  Your
should configure this to match the print queue 'NAME' that the print server has
assigned to the various printer ports.  It is then the responsibility of the
print server to correctly route the print data to the correct printer port.
IBM Answer ends here:
I hope this information is helpful.
/Paul
--
Paul Tykodi, Technical Director                 E-mail: pault@praim.com
Praim Inc.                                           Tel: 603-431-0606

Further information about Praim Products can be found at http://www.praim.com.