  • Subject: Commitment control ...
  • From: "Hans Boldt" <hboldt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 97 17:02:35 EDT

Hi Ambarish!  What you are seeing is the effects of blocking.  A
sequential output file is blocked.  An input with add file is not.

Blocking provides a performance improvement since one read of
several records is generally faster than several reads of single
records.

Hans Boldt, ILE RPG Development, IBM Toronto Lab, hboldt@vnet.ibm.com