  • Subject: Re: TAATOOLS
  • From: Danny McQuestion <dcmcques@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 11:39:53 -0500

Bob Angell wrote:

> O'Connor, Peter H. wrote:
> > I believe all the fuss being generated of TAATOOLS is BS.  The
> purpose of this
> > forum is to help everyone!  The purpose is not to flame people!!!!!
> Remember,
> I believe ALL the fuss about many of the available products is really
> overblown!!  I enjoy hearing about the existing solutions.

[--- QSOAPBOX  =  ON ---]    That's all fine and dandy as well but I
remember just a couple months ago someone that subscribes/subscribed to
the list had a mail rule or mail-bot that would send you a product plug
if you had certain words in the message.  I was getting messages because
the quoted text had one of these words.  Crap like that is what causes
rules and limitation because people can not govern and control
themselves.

    I've been just deleting this whole thread but everyone is squaking
way too much about it.  It all boils down to the original message that
was sent was a blind advertisement of a product which I beleive was not
solicited.  Ok, fine, this guy has a new product and wants everyone to
know about it.  He made his announcement, that should be the end of it.
Read the first couple lines, if you don't like it, hit DELETE.  That's
what I do!

    Someone made a comment about it, then the bickering started.  Al
Barsa was then brought into this because of TAATOOLS.  I've been on this
list for several years now and I really can't see the problem here.  Al
does not blindly post messages about TAATOOLS.  People ask questions
about how to do something or directly about TAATOOLS and he refers them
to TAATOOLS and Jim Sloan.  I have seen others do this NUMBEROUS times,
some moreso than others.  Now why all of a sudden is this a problem.
Hell, I've asked for solutions to problems and have gotten all kinds of
replies from vendors and end users alike.  The catch was, I asked!  Now
to decentralize from Al and bring this to a broader picture.....  it
does not matter what stake or interest the individual has in the product
or service.  Someone asks, they get an answer.  This sounds better then
not getting anything at all!

    There's a big difference between blind advertisements and
mailbots/daemons that spam the list or your e-mail versus someone asking
for something (a solution, product information, etc.) and getting a
reply that answers the question or fits the thread.

[--- QSOAPBOX  =  OFF ---]

--

---
Danny Mc?