Mark Wrote:

> My other issue relates to file transfers. We have a file
> with over 256 fields which I can download (via Rumba
> or PC5250) and it creates a .FDF file OK. However
> when I try & use the .FDF to go the other way I get an
> error saying that you can't use more then 256 fields. If
> I try sending it without using the .FDF I just get a timeout
> (presumably for the same reason?). The file is a comma
> seperated variable one so transferring it up as one
> field & then using CPYF isn't really an option.

This doesn't directly address your problem, but I usually
convert CSV files to fixed length fields using some PC app
or another - then you can CPYF it to whereever.  Just
about every app in the world can read CSVs, and many can
export fixed length files.  Unfortunately, I can't give you
an example of an app that'll handle 256+ fields.  We've
only got Lotus & MS-Access on our corporate desktop
and they both choke on CSVs w/256+ fields.  Maybe Excel
or dBase or something other slick jewel.

HTH

Scott Cornell, Mercy Information Systems