BJP,

> I know it.
>
>  We ALL know it.
>
>  ...But...None of us wants to be the first to actually come right out and
>  admit it! Damnit! This has to stop!! NOW! DONT BE AFRAID TO TAKE ACTION!
>
>                            J A V A   S U C K S !
>
>  This worthless, slow, buggy, COMMUNIST excuse for "progress" MUST BE
>  STOPPED. Arm yourselves! The time for action is NOW! PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN
>  AND PUT YOUR SHIRT ON!
>
>  Be instantly recognized as a man of conviction and truth in your own
>  100% cotton short sleeve, long sleeve, or mock turtleneck. Personalize
>  your shirt in your choice of subtle black or attractive nazi red, with
>  white or black lettering respectively.
>
>  Your price: $18.00+S&H (Sizes S/M/L/XL/XXL) ..To purchase it is not like
>  spending money; but rather, it is an investment in the future, and a
>  blow
>  against the empire.
>
>  For more information, and order form:

I may be taking this out of context, as I read it posted to a LISTSERV that I
respect rather than on the Newsgroup.  I realize that "lighten up" may be
appropriate in this case, but I take your comments and this subject VERY
seriously.  Unfortunately, I fail to see the humor -- especially with the
Nazi reference.  Several million people died both at the hands of the Nazi's,
and defending this and other countries against them.  While I understand the
point that you are trying to make, I personally feel that the Nazi's are
being taken FAR too lightly by ALL of us with WWII 50+ years behind us.
 Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Perhaps JAVA is poor.  I have no point of reference as I am strictly an
RPG/400, ILE, and CASE developer.  However, if this is another excuse for
maintaining the "status quo" such as continuing to program in the /36
environment on the AS/400, I again take offense.  Your well-reasoned
critiques, rather than aspersions, against JAVA would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-Mail:  DAsmussen@AOL.COM

"The problem with life in the fast lane is that you get to the other end in
an awful hurry." -- John Jensen