  • Subject: Re: HTTP configuration
  • From: Marcel Sjardin <M.Sjardin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 12:57:37 +0200

PhaniHR wrote:

>      Hi,
>
>      I have a V3R7, model 50S system on which I am planning to setup HTTP
>      server. I have configured TCP/IP and is working fine and the HTTP
>      server also starts automatically.
>
>      Is there anything else to be done or What else should I look for??
>      Any help is appreciated !!

Did you set up the HTTP configuration? If you take a look at WRKHTTPCFG
you can see a default configurationfile which you can edit.
First create a directory for your HTML-documents: CRTDIR DIR('\HTML').
Give QTMHHTP1, QTMHHTTP and QTCP *USRPRF at least *READ-rights to this
directory.

Then edit the HTTP configurationfile to allow browsers access:
Pass  /HTML/*
Pass  /html/*
(the HTTP-server is case-sensitive!)

You can use CA for WIN95 or CA for OS/2 optimized to place your
HTML-documents in the directory (you can copy some from the internet if
you don't have your own yet).
Restart the HTTP-server (STRTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) RESTART(*HTTP)) and
start Netscape (or equivalent) on your LAN. Disable all caching in your
browser!
locate:    http://n.n.n.n/HTML/xxxxx.htm
                      |           |
                    your        your HTML-page
                  AS/400 IP-address
This should work.
Next you may have to set up: security, CGI-BIN's, Net.Data,
HTML-gateway, hostname, welcomepage, etc.
Check the TCP/IP Configuration and Reference guide for more info. (or
ask more questions of coarse...)

--
Groetjes,
Marcel Sjardin