  • Subject: Fwd: CA/400 Netware for SAA File Transfer
  • From: Mark Bauman <mlbauman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 15:33:14 -0500 (CDT)

Howdie!

I found the following answer to a previous post in my extensive mail
backlog today and figured I would post it to the list even though it is
old - just in case someone needs the information.

<cut some extraneous text>

The netware fixes are documented in SA56403.  Netware fixed it in all
versions of 2.x.  They hardcoded the mode name in 2.0 and 2.1.  2.2 will
actually allow you to configure a mode.  This fix just became available
and is not on their web site yet.

There are several documents on the web plus 2 info apars that all
reference this apar.  One document talks about other reasons why QCMN
may capture the mode description.

<cut some extraneous text and routing>

A few people have problems with this.  Most times it is fixed by doing
the subsystem startup items listed in the attached notes.  Netware users
have been different though.  Only the most recent version of Netware,
and fix packs for older versions of Netware, allow mode configuration
for QSERVER.  Older versions allowed you to configure QSERVER, but they
just ignored it and continued to use QPCSUPP mode.  Obviously, by
default, this would not route the job correctly.  These users would have
to get the fix from IBM Netware folks, apply it, delete the controllers,
and retry the operation.