I agree, IBM had gotten so concerned with profit, they have lost site of the
customer. Their arriogance will be their undoing. They are not going to
allow system state. They might as well go out side and stop the wind too.
How will they stop someone from writing in Power PC commands? Or do they
think they are the only ones that can write power PC commands?

They cannot give us easy ways to develop, unless it has been made by someone
else.

This is like the government that says we are going to protect you, but when
something happens all they do is restrict you from protecting yourself. Like
many recent IBM decisions is designed to control us and make them more
money, instead of giving us the newer tools to work with.

Once in the past we did not have indexed files.  It was a pain to keep them
sorted and play the high low game to find records.  IBM steped up to the
place and created Logical files on the iseries.  Thery are very easy to use
and very efficient. Excecially compared to what we had.

Now businesses need to communicate with each other. How do we have to do
that?    A non IBM Http Server, with a lot of overhead, XML which the DOM,
is crazy to understand. Then we have to use another computers company
program (Java from SUN)

Use the HTTP server, then go through PASE to use unix commands? After all
the overhead and compatability has been done, now there is no power for the
application.

Write it in sockets, with the XML parser.  It can be done, but not by a
beginning programmer. So most companies cannot do it, then they cannot
communicate.  Then a PC companies annouces they can do it easily, and now
the companies flock to the PC solution because it has been promised to be
cheaper and easier.

To IBM: Give us the new tools included in the operating system, not programs
that you disconiue in 2 years, But programs we can move forward in this
business world. Give us innovation equal to the level of innovation that
existed when the 38 was introduced. Quite trying to control us for profit
sake, and start innovating, get off your butt and give us new procucts that
are revolutionary as the 38 origionally was, or prepare your grave.

And P.S. straighten out your Hardware maintenance administration, before we
do it for you by going elsewhere.

Come on, IBM get with the progeam  or we will have to fire you.

Harry

Now IBM either do that or turn the Microsoft PC back on that has the Beyond
web site.