Now of course you do not agree.  You are not in the real world battling
applications.

Line by line would not help, because I have real world example of everything
I state, but the fact is you make things hard for us attacking the real
world problems.

Now let's go to XML. One of the most popular business forms of
communications today.  What do you have that is native?
Read the documentation on the XML, then translate it in English.  Better
yet.

Lets race. I will get someone with Visual basic experience, and you get
someone with RPG experience. Who will have a .net application up first.
Someone with a $500. computer or someone with a 2.5 million dollar computer.

So now we have to explain to management who does not know computers, why it
takes 6-8 weeks to get running on the 2.5 million computer, where the high
school graduate on a PC is ready in 4 hours. ?

You have enough information with a schema and XMP to do an SQL. Oh yes we
can do it if we go to Java. So we can do it if we uses Sun's Java program,
on the i5?  But where is IBM, oh they are busy securing an already secured
system, and they have to use Sun's product instead of making their own.

In a meeting once, I asked why IBM was building their software on another
computer companies software.  You know Java. It is owned by Sun.

I am in the board rooms of large corporations who are trying to sound the
death march for the os/400, because of the development and to the market
time. You are keeping you customers because of fools like me, who know the
machine inside and out. We are the data processing

P.S. we can digitally sign IBM objects now, so how do you stop us from
making a business solution which you cannot or refuse to do. This just give
us another hurdle, and less people to make solutions. Sounds like this mail
list will be your last customers.

Right now, I am IBM's wife that has been abused constantly by her husband.
I am screaming for you to listen.  You either listen, or there will be a
divorce. That is life. You will be taking the greatest operating system
known to man, and killing it, just because you want it your way.

Did you read about Microsoft targeting the i5, have you read IBM's answer?
Get in the game. Put me coach, I am ready to play, today.

Palm was one of the greatest hand helds, until they did not keep up.  Weed
eater was one of the greatest products, but they did not keep up. IIS was
one of the "greatest" web servers 10 years ago.  Oops, they got arrogant,
now it is apache.

Get to be the intellectuals that run by theory, and we will be the little
workers on another system.

Remember the golden run. He who has the gold, rules.  You are trying to
extract money from us, give us what we need, not another roadblock.

Now, go back to the development, let the developers talk to the real world,
then lock them in a room, throw some raw meat in, and you will be the leader
of the industry.  Keep this anal control in existence, and we will be with
you at your funeral.

If you want to go over specifics line, per line I am ready with real world
examples.  But really, just give us the tools to compete.  Quite having us
fighting with knives and axes, while the other side is using cruise
missiles.  Now you want to take our knives away? PLEEEEEEASE.

Harry