Very well put, Don!  Just COULDN'T snip any of it.

Yeah, I see it...

...and John Carr had the solution, years ago, as far as my eye can see,
because even IBM doesn't have enough money to change the image of the 400 in
TOO many people's eyes (as I wrote to Mr. Zeitler, and posted on iNation
Citizen list):

http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/10/10/40FEiseries_1.html
http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/10/10/40FEiseriesdem_1.html

(I may, or may not, write an e to Ms. Biggs...  She either doesn't fully
understand the HUGE advance and advantages of COD, or she explained it
poorly...)  GREAT articles, though!  Other than that one point, I can't
agree more with what you see.

jt