Interesting.  IBM is on this list right now, and I think this is an area for
discussion right now. The bigest problem IBM has is that they have marketed the
interactive feature as an interactive processor. Most end users if they knew it
was just a governor, they would be upset.  It looks like IBM has a problem, the
cat is out of the bag. Do they start legal action and thus let all end users
that they are paying a fortune for nothing more than a card which notifies the
software that a governor is in place. Or do they try another course.

Leif is correct that there are many programs out there all doing the same thing,
but finally someone has the guts to stand up and say something.   One thing, if
the blocking the 5250 interactive flag cost $1000, the interactive feature can
cost $500,000. It is worth it if it only ran for a month. It is very simple in
the way it works, but it does not have a system downside. It actually emulates
some of the actual processes, it just does it at a different time. The only
downside is that IBM will change where the flag is, or how it is processed.  But
if you can hold off buying a $500,000 for one month.  Depending on the cost of
funds, you could save $24,000 - $50,000.

Now IBM might look to bring the price of the AS/400down and make it more
affordable for everyone, then maybe there would be a jump from windows to a
computer which works all the time and truly does play well with others.

Time will tell.