Steve,

See in-line comments.

Steve Richter wrote:

> I am interested in knowing what the technical writers at iSeries NEWS know
> about the CFINT negating method used by FAST400.

I would be surprised to learn that any of the technical folks at iSeries
have been made privy to any additional information from TigerTools or
FAST400 developers. Why would somebody holding trade secrets share it
with the press, of all people?

> CFINT has been factor on our system for some time. Have the technical
> writers at iSeries NEWS speculated in the past on how to negate CFINT, do
> they have theories on how FAST400 works?

I can't speak for whether other technical folks who write for the
magazine have considered it or not. I can tell you that I and a partner
have discussed a few things that could be done. I haven't specifically
speculated on theories of how FAST400 works, but from the product
description, I think I can make a very, very good guess.

> In other words, what do you know, (  dont care when knew it )

I don't think it would be responsible on my part to report any such
knowledge. While I can certainly appreciate the merits of technical
challenge and the admirable quality of inquisitiveness, there are other
issues that outweigh that part of the equation.

Bottom line -- I don't know if other iSeries technical folks have
opinions about FAST400. Though my opinion isn't spefically pointed at
FAST400, read my previous post in which I discussed the business
concern. I am of the very strong opinion that if a business is going to
rely on a product that addresses a concern so critical to the success of
the business as is performance, it would be a mistake to do so in an
un-IBM-sanctioned way.

Gary Guthrie
Senior Technical Editor, iSeries NEWS