From: Douglas Handy [mailto:dhandy1@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 10:48 AM
To: mi400@midrange.com
Subject: Re: [MI400] How does this software work??

Philip,

>Absolutely true, but it's all software - and if the people at TigerTools
>have already gotten a handle on how to do it surely they would try an keep
>one step ahead of the game ? It will be interesting to see if/how they cope
>with this scenario.

"Try to keep one step ahead of the game" is the operative phrase.  So do you
want to have to check with them before applying PTF's?  And what if you
otherwise need a PTF but TigerTools has not figured out how to circumvent it
yet?  After all, it has taken some time for anyone to come out with this
method.

Running a system where performance relies on an undocumented hack and which
is
clearly against IBM's intentions is walking on thin ice in my book.  In
fact,
I'm surprised that they even have the guts to market this.  I would hope
they
have a law firm on retainer -- one would surmise IBM will not put this in
the
same category as a product which eliminates 5250 data streams by using
client
server.

Doug