  • Subject: Re: Date for WrkNetF type MI call
  • From: Dave McKenzie <davemck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:08:48 -0800

These indexes are "internal objects" and don't show up when you list a library,
e.g.
with DSPLIB, DSPOBJD or PDM.  However, you can see them listed if you do DMPOBJ
QUSRSYS *LIB.  Their name is the user ID and address concatenated (8 chars
each),
which is what shows up on WRKNETF at the top of the screen as User ID/Address.
For
example, if I do WRKNETF DMTEST, I see User ID/Address . . : DMTEST  GALOIS (my
system

name is GALOIS).  So the following cmd will dump the distribution index object:

  DMPSYSOBJ 'DMTEST  GALOIS' CONTEXT(QUSRSYS) TYPE(0E) SUBTYPE(D1)

Notice that internal objects can have names with blanks in them, and the name
can be
up to 30 chars long.  And "context" is the internal term for "library."

In general, you can see lots of interesting internal stuff by using DMPOBJ on a
library, especially system libraries.

--Dave

Jim Langston wrote:

> Dave,
>
> I browsed through my QUSRSYS library looking for the object that this program
> is reading, the "Distribution Index", and could not find it.  From what I am
> understanding on this, this routine is reading a distribution index in my
> QUSRSYS library named what I am giving it (in this case, QPGMR).  I could not
> find any distribution indexes, nor anything named QPGMR.  Where is my thinking
> flawed?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jim Langston
>
> Dave McKenzie wrote:
> >
> > The magic numbers are hex type and sub-type codes for a library (X'0401')
>and a
> > distribution index (X'0ED1' - X'0E' is the type for an index, and X'D1' the
> > subtype for this particular kind of index).  A list of some of the common
>types
> > is in the MI Functional Reference manual, and you can see others by dumping
> > objects of various types.
> >
> > The send and arrival dates are at position 57 and 65 in the returned data,
> > respectively.  They are in 8-byte "system time-stamp" format (*DTS).  You
>can
> > convert them to a more friendly form using the QWCCVTDT API, described in
>the
> > Miscellaneous API's manual.  Any time you see 8-byte data (the last 2 or 3
>bytes
> > may be zero) starting with hex 7 or hex 8, you can suspect it to be a
> > timestamp.  (Those starting with 8 are on or after Jan 1, 2000, and those
> > starting with 7 are before.)
> >
> > --Dave

+---