  • Subject: Date for WrkNetF type MI call
  • From: Jim Langston <jimlangston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:11:17 -0800

Gene sent me this code to replicate WRKNETF in RPG using MI.
It works great, and I have stuck in in a service program and
am starting to use it, but now I realize I also need to know
the date the file was sent to me.

I see this when I go to WRKNETF and so I started looking into
the buffer that is being returned by this call in the Data
data structure.  Using the debugger I did not see any place the
date could be stored (looking into the 95 bytes that is not
being used).  In fact for a few records those 95 bytes were
exactly the same even thought he dates I know were different.

I tried to figure out what this code was doing so maybe I could
figure it out myself, but didn't get far.  I have next to no
knowledge what is actually going on here, or what the X'0401'
and X'0ED1' magic numbers mean, nor even where to look to try
to figure it out.

Can someone help me out here and tell me/show me how to modify
this code to get the date the file was sent/received?

From the WRKNETF command:

                                File   -------From-------  ----Arrival----
 Opt  File        Member       Number  User ID   Address   Date      Time
      INRECX      BRECX001         27  SIMS      CONEX     01/03/01  23:48
                                                           ^^^^^^^^
                                                           Info I need also.

Thanks,

Jim Langston