I initially ran an entire 2nd and 3rd shift schedule (order release in MRP and
IM, all accounting such as invoicing and such, backups, IM audits, PM&C posting,
you name it) through ROBOT REPLAY. That included non-MAPICS functions. No
problems at all unless you got an unexpected screen (such as what happens if a
password expires, or your license keys are within x-days of expiring). I
initially acquired ROBOT when my night shift operator retired - now THAT was a
justification that was easy.

The only thing I didn't use ROBOT for was my system backup and post-IPL process,
and for closing/posting batches at the end of the day. I used the Client Access
macros for my system backups and job scheduler for the IPL and post-IPL
processing, and manually checked all batches in AR and IM to verify posting
status.

I will say that later I removed the non-MAPICS functions from ROBOT and utilized
the Job Scheduler for those. The only main reason for that was that it reduced
the number of items on the ROBOT menu lists.

While I have no experience with the package Claude recommended, I agree with him
that you should at least evaluate it before selecting how you want to go. But
as Eric said, ROBOT is probably the most widely used.

Dale (Cork) Gindlesperger, CPIM
Click here for my professional profile

"If I'd asked my customers what they wanted, they'd have said a faster horse." -
Henry Ford