Jeff,

I figured out how to do this for a project that never happened at FFT (too complex for them at the time).

Set up an inactive op (or ops) on the end item so you have a target to update, and have the PC package store the data on the IFS (or do a periodic transfer, or even better, an ODBC link - depends on the PC application).

Write a quickie update to the operation, then activate the op by changing the status from 00 to 10. You could use a trigger or a batch job for this.

Always use the same op number (that was my way) or use a specific workcenter dedicated to that machine ("N" in position 3 of WRKCTR in the routing op) as a visual aide.

I can go into a lot more detail if you want - let me know. Someone may already have done this.

Sent via my Blackberry - sorry about my thick-thumbed typos!