 Thank you to all who responded to this.  Unfortunately, I am still in the same
predicament as before.  It's not a layout issue per se, so a forms solution is
not the answer I was seeking.  I guess I was hoping some one would respond,
"hey, I print checks in the UK and print the words that have pence and pounds
and say only at the end" and "have a '-' instead of '.' ... etc  The layout
issues are a pain, yes, but that is the easy part.

Thanks again.